These days, most of the popular autoresponder systems have built-in split testing functions that allow you to improve your email marketing results considerably. You can test a wide variety of options, enabling you to figure out the best way to improve results.
The method for split testing varies between the different providers. Most of them should offer step-by-step tutorials on how to do it. If yours doesn’t, email them and ask them for help using the feature. They should be more than willing to help you set up an A/B split test for your list.
Let’s take a look at some of the things you should be testing in order to improve your overall email marketing results. These are just a few of the many things you could test, but they are some of the most important.
- Which day of the week do more people tend to open and read your emails?
- What time of the day are people most responsive?
- What type of subject line works best for your list?
- Which name should you use in the “From” field? Should you use your company name or your own name?
- Does your list prefer newsletters or offers? What type of offers do they respond best to?
Fortunately, it’s usually very simple to set up